POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Trace: How to work together with Rotate : Trace: How to work together with Rotate Server Time
1 Sep 2024 12:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Trace: How to work together with Rotate
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 11 Nov 2006 03:06:40
Message: <45558490@news.povray.org>
Here a sample of my scene:

#declare Normal=< 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 >;

#declare Angle=30.0;

#while(Angle<360)
 #declare Location=< -25.0, 100.0, 0.0 > rotate < 0.0, Angle, 0.0 >;
 #declare Boden=trace( Meeresgrund, Location, -y, Normal );
 object {Licht translate < -25.0, Boden.y, 0.0 > rotate < 0.0, Angle, 0.0
 > }
 declare Angle=Angle+30;
#end

I intent to place some objects (called "Licht") in a circle. Since the
underground is a height_field, I want to use Trace to get the proper Y
coordinate of the current location. There I fail. I don't know exactly, how
to properly define the location for Trace. Please see above. of course, that
returns an error message. How to do it better?

Thanks,

Sven